A homemaker is a person whose prime occupation is to care for their family and home. The term homemaker is used in preference to either housewife or househusband because it is inclusive, defines the role in terms of activities, rather than relation to another, and is independent of marital status. The terms (informal) stay-at-home mom and stay-at-home dad are also used, particularly if the person views their central role as caring for children.
Being a stay-at-home mom/dad should not come as a forced option for any woman/man. It must be chosen after deliberate consideration of each individual's unique circumstances.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Woman sitting and think:

First thought come in her mind………
A homemaker, That’s one of my labels. But it’s easy to feel inadequate. I want so much more than to be a homemaker. I run our home; it would be unmade without me. My impossible dream is for my family to respect my abilities beyond those of homemaker. I would still be a homemaker, but that would not be the reason that they loved me.

Second thoughts come in her mind…….
My life would be like I spent more of my time and energy focused on learning new and better ways to run my household to save my time as well as money. And how about making my home a place where my family enjoys spending time together?

Third thoughts come in her mind……..
I should be open to new ideas, read books on topics that interest mine, and share ideas with like-minded people. I never let precious time slip away from me. The information is all around me if i just open myrself up to it.

Whats thoughts come in your mind when u sitting alone……
You'll be surprised at your new zest for life and the ideas that will start coming into your mind effortlessly.
share with me by giving your comments

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really good ....

ஸ்வர்ணரேக்கா said...

Hi Gauri,
what u said is correct.
women have to update their knowledge and have to be 'themselves' beyond the homemaker label...